Monday, October 22, 2007

The Hits Just Keep On Coming...

I'm stuck here at work waiting for the shooting crew to get back to the office so I can help load in, and I've been trying to get some writing done in my downtime. I have music going from my iTunes pretty much all day, but at night when there's no distractions I try to pick stuff that's extra awesome. Plus, when there's a zillion people here during the day, I normally try not to be obnoxious and blast Citizens Arrest.

So at first I popped on Judge-Bringin' It Down, because...fuck that, there should never need to be an explanation or justification for listening to Judge.
After that, I was in a solid late 80's NYHC mood, so I put on Leeway-Born To Expire.
After that, I kind of zoned out writing and just let iTunes keep going, and it went right into Left For Dead-Splitting Heads, which got me embarrassingly amped up. I'm going to attribute that to coinciding with all the coffee kicking in.
And after Left For Dead comes Lemonheads, of course. Hate Your Friends is the first record on my computer, and while their later stuff is good and all, HYF is probably in my top 50 records of all time, with "Rabbit" being in my top 50 songs, easy.
There's no point to this post other than to revel in how nicely my accidental playlist worked out, and maybe there's some imaginary person reading this who hasn't checked out one of those four records, and they will after this. Not that any of them are exactly buried gems, but still.

No comments: