Tuesday, January 09, 2007














Leaving Home, Going Home.


Back in New Brunswick after almost three weeks in Albany. For the first time in my life I've left without feeling like I'm leaving home behind and going to "some other place." It's not that NB has replaced Albany as home, because as much as I love it here, it's only been 3 months. And it's not that Albany is now some foreign DMZ where I'm just passing through. I suppose it's just that I really have moved away from Albany for good. I'll forever be going back and forth for shows, to visit, and god knows what else, and as long as my best friends are there I'll never be gone for long, but this summer really was it. No more semesters, no more summer breaks. I'm okay with it now, and it seems natural, but I know it's going to be hard come summer. I'm just glad I was able to fall out of the nest into such an awesome cushion here in New Brunswick. But it's a strange, bittersweet feeling nonetheless.

Well, that was fairly somber. To close, I'll recount an equally touching moment from Beer Leauge, which I watched tonight.

Dirk: "When I was in prison, I fucked bigger guys than you!"
Artie: "Did Dirk just say he fucked guys?"

Night night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to think about albany in the summer of 2007 without sawyer OR a HQ to hang out at leads me to believe that "fun" stock will surely plummet...

p.s. get your ass out to SF dummy